1. Drink herbal tea made with basil leaves, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Dry ginger and Raisin. Add jaggery or fresh lemon to your taste if you needed.
2. Golden Drink- half teaspoon of Turmeric powder in 150 ml hot milk twice a day.
3. Apply sesame oil/ coconut oil/ Ghee in both nostrils, twice a day (2 drops)
Gargle with sesame oil/ coconut oil and then rinse with warm water.
Method: Person should lie straight with his face upwards, then the chin should be raised upwards, then the medicine slightly warmed with the help of warm water and poured in to each nostril alternately keeping the other one closed.
This kind of nasya, 2 drops doesn’t have any side effects, and it cleans or clears the channel, relives fatigue and also good for sense organs.
Best time: morning and evening
4. Use fruits, which improves Vitamin C, such as Lemon, Orange, Kiwi, Amlaki and Vegetables such as broccoli, Brussel sprouts.
Food with Zinc such as Chick peas, lentils, beans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, cashew nuts also can boost immunity.
5. Warm water stimulates hunger, helps digestion, good for throat, easily digestible, cleans urinary bladder, relives hiccup, flatulence and also it is good for those suffering from fever, cough, AMA (accumulation of undigested materials) running nose, dyspnoea and pain in the flanks.
6. Turmeric helps in immune modulation by correcting metabolism enabling free circulation of nutrients and oxygen to every cell in the body due to its anti oxidation property and also it regulates the liver function and also it help for detox. So it is recommended to add a pinch or 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric with herbal tea is good. And it regulates all the doshas.
7. Thulasi is very effective in various respiratory diseases, including chronic and acute bronchitis. It’s immuno modulating properties will help to regulate cough and its antiviral, anti bacterial and anti fungi. Thulasi helps in management of respiratory infections and also it is useful in cold, repeated hiccups and cardiac tonic.
8. Dry ginger is unctuous, promotes digestion, useful in the treatment of asthma and chronic respiratory disorders and its anti-inflammatory and light to digest. Because it relives thirst, fever, breathlessness, drowsiness , cleans the liver and laxative. According to Charaka Samhita it improves voice and throat soothing. It’s balancing Vata and Pitha.
9. Honey if heated it will digest slowly and the molecule become like glue and it adheres to the mucus membrane and clogging the body channel and produces AMA or toxins. According to Charaka Samhita, nothing is so troublesome as AMA caused by the improper intake of honey. AMA is considered as the root cause of most ailments by Ayurveda. Honey can’t be used instead of jaggery. Honey can be used with normal temperature also.